Bill has over 40 years of diverse operational, financial and transaction experience both as a consultant and at all levels of management, including CEO, CFO, COO, for companies in consolidating and high-growth industries. Bill’s experience covers a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, automotive, metal processing, chemicals, transportation, distribution, not-for-profits, construction (commercial, residential, and industrial), environmental, medical/healthcare and many other service industries.
Bill uses his extensive experience to help healthy and distressed clients improve profitability, cash flow, liquidity and, ultimately, increase shareholder value.
Bill has been instrumental in more than 300 acquisitions, start-ups, divestitures, refinancing and turnarounds, both domestically and internationally. Throughout his career, Bill has been adept at developing and implementing creative solutions to complex situations while generating short- and long-term profit improvements and increasing shareholder value.
Debt Refinancing & Restructuring
- $20 million senior and $3 million subordinated debt refinancing
- $26 million revolving line of credit & term facility generating $4.5 million of much needed increased liquidity
Sell-Side M&A Advisory
- Sale of Xolox Corporation’s diverse business lines, including its Malaysian manufacturing subsidiary in six separate simultaneous transactions
- $150 million sale of a computer reseller to a publicly traded company
- Completed sale of a specialty chemical manufacturer to a private equity firm through a complex and contentious §363 bankruptcy proceeding with closing occurring within 90 days of Chapter 11 filing
- Led sales of metal stamper, heavy equipment sales/rental business, food & gift manufacturer, apparel importer and others through Wisconsin Section 128 Receivership proceedings
Distressed and "Storied" Transactions
- SpecialtyChem Corporation sale to Resilience Capital Partners via §363 bankruptcy
- Capital Stampings sale to Wendorff Industries via Wisconsin Statute 128 Receivership
Besides providing guidance and trusted advice to clients, their management teams and Boards of Directors, Bill has also served as interim CEO, CFO and CRO (Chief Restructuring Officer) in court supervised and out-of-court situations. Examples of Bill's interim management roles include:
- Interim CEO of a $50 million consumer products manufacturer
- Interim CEO and CFO of a metal fabricator, decorator and service center providing various metal shapes and container components for food and other industries
- Interim CFO of a metal stamping, treating, coating and assembly business providing highly engineered products to the automotive industry
- Chief Restructuring Office for a multi-state ready-mix concrete business
- Interim CEO of a metal stamping and sub-assembly business for the ATV and lawn & garden industries
Prior to joining Fort Dearborn in 1997, Bill co-founded and served as President and COO of Delivery Management, Inc. (DMI), a courier industry consolidator. Before starting DMI, Bill served as Chief Financial Officer for the Midwest operations of American Medical Response (AMR), a national ambulance and emergency response service, where he was responsible for the company’s aggressive acquisitions program and post-acquisition integration. Prior to AMR, Bill spent 19 years at Waste Management in various positions, ultimately serving as CFO of its largest domestic group with revenues exceeding $1.5 billion and operations in 13 states.